Sunday, May 3, 2015

May Meeting Minutes

March 30, 2015. Shuswap Spinners and Weavers Meeting 7 p.m.
Goodies by Louise and Lois, thanks.
Call to Order:  21 members present
Meeting Agenda adoption moved by Carole, Maureen seconded
Welcome to guests, introductions
Adoption of minutes Glenda moved, Bea seconded, carried.
Treasurer: Gudie moves we renew Ply, seconded Anne, carried 
Bea moved Noelle be reimbursed for magazine renewal, books, etc.  Julia seconded. Carried.   Expenses, Rent for our equipment for the year, deposit for Seniors Centre for Christmas sale.  Noelle moved, seconded Bea, carried
Equipment: no report
Library: Knits, Spin off ,Vav and Embellish magazines are in. Darlene will get a new stamp.
Historian:  Wendy has added a few more things into the book.
Workshops: From Rosalie
Please remind members about the proposed Finishes workshop set for May 2. Since there’s no other general meeting before then, I need those interested to pay their fee ($20) at this meeting. I have the materials prepared already but need to know that there are enough registrants. If SSWG doesn’t fill this time slot, I can either offer it to other guilds or I can postpone til the end of October. If the group is interested in the content but find May 2 to be conflicting with other events, and if they would be interested in the fall timing, I’m asking for the fee payment at this time (or at least a $10 deposit) to hold a place. This way, I’m not in a state of suspense about this. 
Business arising from Minutes
Sales protocol committee update: ongoing discussions
Blanket warp and list of weavers Maureen to start as the warp is on and ready for weaving. 
Tea towel warp, Carole will finish weaving her tea towel
Spin - In: Reminder to guild members attending to bring a baked goodie for dessert at lunch.  The lunch committee will do a vegetable tray and a fruit tray plus the lunch.
Thanks to people for signing up to help out with various tasks on April 11.
New Business
Guild of Canadian weavers, have a bulletin that come out four times a year and they need samples for the bulletin.
Louise moved that the Shuswap Spinners and Weavers weave and box up samples for the GCW for 2017. As Workshop coordinator she is willing to supervise this and wishes all the honorarium monies be allocated  to the Workshop committee to be judiciously spent on workshops. seconded by Glenda. Carried. This involves four sets of samples with $125 plus costs being paid.

Email Louise if interested

Many thanks to Mona for brightening up our banner with needle felting.  Such a great improvement.

Spin -ins: Gudie May 12,  10 - 2
Knit Ins
Evening Spin In/Knit In. 

Adjournment: Glenda adjourned the meeting
Show and Tell

Next meeting May 4 at 7:00 p.m.
Goodies by Maureen and Joan and Eileen, yummmmmmm!