Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Minutes of August 25th Meeting

Minutes of Meeting
Shuswap Spinners and Weavers
August 25, 2011
Sharon called the meeting to order at 10:35 AM, 17 members attending.
Greetings were exchanged with Carole Berubé.
IPE - our booth will be in the Horticultural Building
- shift sign-up clipboard passed around.  Glenda to phone to fill in the
- IPE and parking passes can be picked up at Sharon's before your shift.
- We have only 5 parking passes - THEY MUST BE RETURNED TO SHARON'S HOUSE
IN THE PM.!!!!  We can park in the Wood Avenue Parking Lot.  There may be
some shuttles there.
- Shifts are from 9 - 4 PM, and from 3:30 - 10 PM.
- Your pass entitles you to free entry into the fair, but please do your
visiting after your shift.
- Wear your name tags, and something woven if possible.
- BYO Water.
SETUP Tuesday night set up at 6:30 PM  Booth is 15' x 20' long.
ITEMS FOR SETUP:  tablecloths, spinning wheels from guild room - just
bring your wool and a bobbin, to save space.  Display equipment, mirror,
gridwall, table loom, 8 shaft loom.- Elvi will bring her truck. - Gudrun
to make warp for tea towels.  It can be put on during the fair.
Darlene, Elvi, Mona to donate tea towels for raffle, Julie to donate some
woodwork.  Raffle by donation.
Items can be sold here without commission.  Please tag them well, and
include an inventory list for Noelle.  Include all inventory info onto
receipts.  Noelle to bring float and cash box.  Pd by VISA (Visa sales 5%)
 Look for names on the VISA cards, so you don't slip up and take a debit
There should be a clipboard with sign-up sheets for people who wish to
take classes, and the SSW brochures (Gudie will make up more) and some
Christmas sale signs.
An instruction page (plastic coated) should be available for sales
SA Fair
only 1 sheep to shawl team - us.  Do as a demo?
Glenda voted to cancel the sheep to shawl - Lis seconded.  Carried.  There
will still be a spinning proficiency contest.  Sign-up sheet passed
Set up time  3: 30 PM Thursday, September 8
Shift hours - the same as Armstrong?
Art Gallery Showing - 2013
By the October 3 meeting, all artists interested in showing must have the
necessary background info - bio, photo, photos of past work, etc. ready to
give to Elvi, so she can submit a proposal for TEXTILE EXPRESSIONS.  The
items entered should be artwork, not pedestrian pieces.  See the SAGA
webpage for the necessary details for submission.
Next Meeting:  October 3, Guild Room
We need a new president willing to have their name stand for the October
So far, the following are still willing to serve in these capacities.
Equipment          Elvi
Library               Darlene
Programs           Elvi
Secretary           Lis
Treasurer           Noelle(?)
Brochures and Phone Lists  Gudie
Newletter - Lynnette is willing to publish and email a newsletter once a
* Please email Lis if you are still willing to keep your previous
position, and she will add you to this list.
The meeting was adjourned at noon for show and tell.